The next call for applications will take place from June 22 to August 27, 2021.
This year’s edition will focus on community land trust and land assembly solutions.
Register to our virtual launch webinar on June 22 for the latest details.
Or join the committee that will review applications.
The National Housing Strategy Demonstrations Initiative has the following objectives:
- Fund solutions supporting housing affordability, the National Housing Strategy priority areas, population groups and outcomes that are ready to be demonstrated in a real environment.
- Test or pilot a solution prototype in a real-world setting, documenting its performance and benefits based on evidence, including outcomes for its expected users and adopters, and National Housing Strategy outcomes.
- Highlight promising innovations, build awareness and appetite to adopt and scale them.
- Show how to implement the innovation to potential adopters and replicators, through knowledge transfer, capacity-building, adaptation and replication processes, as appropriate.
- Develop a scaling approach and implement it.
The Demonstrations Initiative offers solutions aiming to:
- strengthen, better equip and innovate the affordable housing sector
- increase stakeholder’s awareness, knowledge and acceptance of promising innovations
The 2021 call for applications will focus on projects aiming to demonstrate community land trust and land assembly solutions for affordable housing.