CMHC’s Vendor Diversity Program enhances equal access opportunities that support economic growth for vendors and communities from underrepresented groups. This program allows vendors to:
- benefit from increased visibility and business opportunities
- help CMHC deliver the best value to clients through competitive offerings and greater innovation
Businesses owned or led by Canadians from underrepresented groups qualify for the Vendor Diversity Program.
Underrepresented businesses are defined as being owned, operated and controlled by 51% of a given group. We consider businesses that are led by women, Indigenous Peoples, 2SLGBTQIA+ people, persons with disabilities as well as Black and racialized people examples of underrepresented groups.
To be included, vendors must have a current diversity certification from one of the certifying organizations for inclusion into the program:
- Canadian Aboriginal & Minority Supplier Council
- Canadian Council for Aboriginal Business
- Canadian Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- Inclusive Workplace and Supply Council of Canada
- National Gay and Lesbian Chamber of Commerce
- National Minority Supplier Development Council
- WBE Canada
- WeConnect International
- Women’s Business Enterprise National Council