In 2018, ministers responsible for housing endorsed a multilateral Housing Partnership Framework.1 It established a shared vision for housing and set the foundation for bilateral agreements on the delivery of a number of National Housing Strategy initiatives.
Federal, provincial and territorial forum on housing
Federal, provincial and territorial governments work together through the Forum on Housing. The Forum collaborates towards a long-term vision where everyone in Canada has affordable housing that meets their needs. This partnership ensures that housing solutions – from homelessness to market housing – work in tandem to meet the needs of Canadians.
The Forum is a membership-based group where ministers, deputy ministers and senior officials responsible for housing meet throughout the year to collaborate on shared priorities.
The Forum’s main goals are to:
- inform housing policy and priorities
- coordinate efforts across the housing sector
- share best practices and identify research needs
- monitor the success of the National Housing Strategy across Canada
- collaborate on policy and program development to address emerging housing issues