Next call for applications is in June 2021.
Learn about the 2020 Successful Projects.
The National Housing Strategy Demonstrations Initiative highlights innovative solutions aiming to improve the performance, viability and effectiveness of affordable housing by providing a platform to:
- create and disseminate real-world data and information on affordable housing
- demonstrate innovative solutions that aim to improve the performance, viability and effectiveness of affordable housing solutions
- foster a culture of innovation in the affordable housing sector that will better meet the housing needs of Canadians
The Demonstrations initiative offers solutions aiming to:
- strengthen, better equip and innovate the affordable housing sector
- increase stakeholder’s awareness, knowledge and acceptance of promising innovations
Demonstration formats include on-site tours, virtual tours, best-practices guides, case studies, factsheets, website content, user experience videos, surveys and innovation profiles.
Projects are funded through an annual open-call, merit-based competitive process.
Directed Demonstrations: We may also fund demonstration initiatives led by external organizations in areas of strategic interest that are aligned with the National Housing Strategy and federal priorities.