Thank you for your interest in the Housing Accelerator Fund: Small/Rural/North/Indigenous Stream.
The application window is now closed.
The Small/Rural/North/Indigenous Stream of the Housing Accelerator Fund provides incentive funding to local governments. The funding is meant to remove barriers and support the development of affordable, inclusive, equitable and climate-resilient communities.
To be eligible for the Small/Rural/North/Indigenous Stream, applicants must meet one of the following criteria:
- have a population under 10,000 in any Canadian province
- be in a territory
- be an Indigenous government
Approved participants can use incentive funding for investments in:
- Housing Accelerator Fund action plans
- affordable housing
- housing-related infrastructure
- community-related infrastructure that supports housing
The framework for determining the amount of incentive funding includes base funding, top-up funding and an affordable housing bonus.
NOTE: Larger municipalities should apply to the Large/Urban Stream