Preservation Funding provides financial assistance to support the cost of completing preservation activities.
This funding helps:
- existing community housing providers remain viable
- prepare for future funding opportunities
Preservation Funding is open to:
- Projects that are currently subject to an active, eligible federally administered operating agreement.
- Projects that were previously subject to a federally administered operating agreement that have since expired. This includes projects previously administered under a federally administered operating agreement that were transferred under a Social Housing Agreement (SHA) which have since expired.
- The maximum Preservation Funding available per project to complete eligible activities is $50,000.
- Maximum funding may be increased to $75,000 on a case-by-case basis.
- Each Funding Agreement offers up to 18 months from the approval date to complete the approved activities.
For more details, see the information below and the Product Highlight Sheet (PDF).