5 Steps to moving out
- Provide notice to the landlord that you will be terminating the lease.
- Make necessary repairs and clean the unit.
- Review the planning checklist.
- On moving day, both the landlord and tenant should complete the final inspection.
- The landlord returns tenant’s initial deposit, with interest (if applicable).
TIPS FOR LANDLORDS...
If the unit is damaged or dirty, make sure any repairs or cleaning has been completed prior to signing off on the final inspection.
Ask for payment or withhold the damage deposit, if necessary and if permitted by your province or territory, in order to cover any additional costs you incur.