Mortgage Loan Insurance
Buying a home is exciting — but it can also be challenging. With so many details to consider, how can you be confident you’re making the right decisions?
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation (CMHC) is here to help. Drawing on more than 70 years of experience, we offer you peace of mind, working with you to demystify all aspects of homebuying to help you enjoy an informed and assured homebuying and homeownership experience.
In This Section:
- What is CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance?
Provides a brief outline of the structure and benefits of CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance.
- Dealing with Mortgage Payment Difficulties
Learn how you can work with your lender to find the best solution for your mortgage payment problems.
- Homebuying Tools — Calculators
Easy to use mortgage tools to help you establish your financial situation, determine how much house you can afford and the maximum price that you should be considering.
- CMHC Green Home — Financing an Energy-Efficient Home or Energy-Saving Improvements is Easier than You Think
Receive a premium refund of up to 25% when you buy, build or renovate for energy efficiency using CMHC-insured financing.
- Home Renovation Financing Options
Information for a number of financing options, along with practical advice to consider before starting your renovation project.
- FAQ: CMHC Mortgage Loan Insurance
Frequently Asked Questions on mortgage loan insurance.