When you’ve found the home you want to buy, it’s time to make an offer to the seller.
Your offer must include:
- your legal name, the name of the seller and the address of the property
- the amount you’re offering to pay (the purchase price) and the amount of your deposit
- any extra items you want included in the purchase (for example, window coverings)
- the date you want to take possession (“closing day”)
- a request for a current land survey
- the date the offer expires
- any other conditions that must be met before the contract is finalized (for example, a satisfactory home inspection)
You should expect to negotiate. While the process can be stressful, it’s all about making the best deal for you and the seller.