Looking to find or advertise a rental property in Canada? Be sure to check:
- Local, community and ethnic newspapers in the area where you want to search.
- Free publications that publish rental accommodation ads are often found at local retail stores.
- Physical bulletin board postings at:
- Community centres
- Grocery stores
- Places of worship
- With friends, family and acquaintances in your community.
- With your campus housing office if you are a student.
- Local real estate offices found in the Yellow Pages.
- The neighbourhood where you want to live. A For Rent/For Lease sign might catch your eye.
- With a local community organization that offers housing assistance and settlement services.
- Online. Search for electronic bulletin board postings, specialized websites, online newspaper classified ads, and Canadian apartment listing websites.
New to Canada? Visit Citizenship and Immigration Canada to find an organization that might be able to help you with settlement services, including: consulting and assistance through the immigration process, as well as locating suitable housing and employment.