Round 1: Data Driven — Data solutions for informed decision-making is open until January 20, 2021!
You could get $100,000 to prototype your solution!
*The Application Form resides on the Impact Canada website
What is the Housing Supply Challenge?
The Housing Supply Challenge invites citizens, stakeholders, and experts to propose solutions to the barriers to new housing supply. The challenge will distribute $300 million in funding over 5 years.
Successful submissions that address barriers to supply will receive $100,000 in funding to prototype or incubate their proposal. Following the prototype stage, a number of selected finalists will share a pool of 22.5 million in additional funding to implement their proposed solutions.
There will be 6 rounds in the challenge. This is the first round, the Data Driven Round – Data solutions for informed decision-making.
Each round awards proposals that address housing supply barriers such as building timelines, construction productivity, and improving data on land availability.
The challenge will also:
- enhance community engagement
- inspire others to scale or adapt ideas for national impact
- cultivate collaboration and partnerships
Participation in the challenge is open to:
- For-profit and not-for-profit organizations
- Indigenous organizations and groups
- Canadian post-secondary institutions
- Government (provincial, territorial, municipal, local and regional)
- Teams composed of a variety of participants
*All applicants must be affiliated with a legally incorporated organization.
Round 1: Data Driven Landing Page
Learn more about Round 1: Data Driven – Data solutions for informed decision-making
(Application process closes January 20, 2021).
The following additional Rounds will launch in 2021:
- Northern Housing (launching Spring 2020)
- Getting Started: Predevelopment Processes (TBD)
- Construction Technology (TBD)
- Scaling Solutions (TBD)
- Public Perception of New Development (TBD)
NOTE: Visit the CMHC Housing Supply Challenge Support Program if you want additional support with your application. Our partners at Evergreen are available to answer any questions about the application process, clarify eligibility requirements and provide one-on-one support.