Starting January, 2024, all streams of the Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program (RRAP) will be consolidated into a single and enhanced program called the On-Reserve Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program. *
- Regular, Disabilities, Rental, Conversion, Secondary/Garden
- Emergency Repairs Program
- Home Adaptations for Seniors’ Independence for First Nations
*The exception to this consolidation is the Shelter Enhancement Program – Renovation Stream, which will continue to operate as a separate funding program.
Enhancing Support for First Nations through Unified Renovation Programs
The On-Reserve Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program is a streamlined initiative improving support for First Nations' repairs and adaptations. It consolidates previous on-reserve repairs and adaptations programs, excluding the Shelter Enhancement Program – Renovation Stream, to simplify funding access and offer flexibility in housing management.
The program will continue to prioritize and support:
- Low-income households, seniors, and individuals with disabilities
- Comprehensive assistance with major or emergency repairs to ensure ongoing health and safety for occupants
- Support for accessibility modifications and minor adaptations
- Assistance in the creation of additional space or the conversion of properties
- Ensuring the affordability of housing, where applicable