Note: This application process will not be open until June/July 2018.
The applicant must provide a justification. It must show how the proposed research aligns with the priority areas of the strategy.
The granting agencies recognize that some research proposals may overlap agency mandates. Further, they recognize that some research may require an interdisciplinary approach. As such, the agencies are collaborating to ensure that areas of research that cross agency boundaries are eligible for support.
Applicants should consult the guidelines of each agency to select the one best suited to consider their application.
For more information on how to apply and details on application deadlines please refer to the relevant scholarship details once they become available:
- SSHRC postdoctoral fellowship application instructions
- NSERC postdoctoral fellowship application instructions
- CIHR postdoctoral fellowship application instructions
- The relevant granting agency will adjudicate and administer a merit review process. Available funds will be awarded to successful candidates.
- CMHC and partners will make funding decisions based on recommendations from the merit review committees and the funds available. Applications will be reviewed according to the criteria and weighting outlined in each agency’s program description.
Candidates must apply through the relevant federal granting agencies` postdoctoral fellowships funding opportunity, based on their area of research.
- Applicants looking for specific requirements should refer the postdoctoral fellowship funding opportunity of the agency to which they are applying.
- Additionally, CMHC may reach out to award recipients to obtain information for promotional purposes. Information requests include:
- research results to date and expected impacts
- publications and knowledge translation
- paragraph summary/quote that could be used in a CMHC newsletter
- picture of Fellow with research partners (if applicable)
Fellows may participate in standard knowledge translation activities. This includes presenting research findings to targeted audiences and producing lay summaries for dissemination. Fellows may be expected to attend the National Housing Conference to share research project results with other Fellows and stakeholders. Associated costs (travel and hospitality) will be covered by CMHC.