This data provides a snapshot of Canada’s occupied housing stock, organized by the type of structure and tenure.
These data tables are organized by geography:
- census metropolitan areas (CMAs)
Data is arranged by dwelling type:
- single- and semi-detached
- row house
- apartment detached duplex
- apartments with 5 or more storeys
- apartments with less than 5 storeys
- other single-attached houses
- moveable dwelling
This housing data is grouped by the number of owned, rented and band units.
Data source: Statistics Canada (Census of Canada) for 1996, 2001 and 2006, National Household Survey 2011 and Census 2016.
Note: The data range from 1991 to 2016.
- Document Type:
- Date Published:
- June 18, 2021