The Guide at a Glance
The Universal Design Guide is for multi-unit residential buildings that have single-level units in low-, mid- or high-rise buildings with common areas and entrances.
Our guide explains:
- how to design and build innovative, inclusive and affordable multi-unit residential buildings (MURBs)
- universal design in practical and non-technical ways for residential designers, builders and developers who want to offer leading-edge, desirable and marketable housing that meets a range of community needs
- how universal design makes accessing, using and enjoying spaces inside and outside MURBs easier, safer and more intuitive for all, regardless of age or ability
- how people can stay in their homes as their circumstances change, without expensive renovations
- the concept of adaptability, so that homes can be easily adapted to changing needs