Terms and Conditions
CMHC is the owner of all intellectual property rights (including copyright) in the articles, publications and other material provided in this section (collectively the "Material"). For any portion of Material you choose to use, CMHC will grant you a personal, royalty-free, revocable, non-exclusive and non-transferable right of use on the following terms and conditions:
- Prior to use, you must create a user profile and provide true, accurate, current and complete information about yourself (your "Identifying Information") as prompted by the registration form in the page entitled "Create Your User Account". You agree to maintain and promptly update your Identifying Information and to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. If you provide any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or CMHC has reasonable grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, CMHC has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Material.
- You may add your personalized information in the designated parts of the Material, and only as allowed by the electronic system. You cannot include false, injurious or defamatory information. You cannot, under any circumstances, alter, modify, translate, add to or partially use the remaining parts of the Material.
- You cannot make representations to third parties or imply in any manner that an association or affiliation exists or has existed between you and CMHC or the Government of Canada.
- You cannot make representations to third parties or imply in any manner that CMHC is participating in, or has sponsored, approved, endorsed, reviewed or monitored your products, services, credentials or professional affiliations or the manner or purpose of your use or reproduction of the Material. CMHC will suspend or terminate your right to use the Material if you use the Material fraudulently or in a manner that falsifies, misrepresents or disparages the Material.
- You do not acquire any rights in the Material and you cannot make representations to third parties or imply in any manner that you jointly prepared the Material with CMHC.
- Once personalized, you may download the Material to your own computer or print it, for electronic or print format distribution. You do not need prior written authorization from CMHC for compliant use. Use is free of charge. CMHC is not responsible for printing services.
- CMHC expects that you use the Material in a reasonable and appropriate manner considering all the circumstances associated with that use and the acceptable business practices. In all cases, CMHC may limit or revoke the use, for any reason and at any time. You agree to immediately discontinue your use at the request of CMHC.
- No rights in CMHC name, logo, initials, official marks, etc., are transferred or licensed to you, and you cannot make any use of these identifications except as herein authorized.
- Although CMHC invests efforts in their preparation, any Material is provided "AS IS", and CMHC makes no warranty, express or implied, including for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. Any information contained in the Material (the "Information") is provided for general illustrative purposes only, and does not take into account the specific objectives, circumstances and individual needs of any reader. The Information does not provide advice, and should not be relied upon in that regard. The Information is believed to be reliable, but its accuracy, completeness and currency cannot be guaranteed. In no event will CMHC be liable for any direct, special, indirect, consequential or other damages however resulting, arising out or in connection with the use of any Material.
- It is your responsibility to ensure that your use of the Material complies with these terms and conditions, and to seek prior written permission from CMHC for uses not permitted or hereby specified. Any use whatsoever of the Material constitutes your acceptance of these terms and conditions. Any violation of these terms and conditions renders the use authorization immediately void.
For further information please contact:
Canadian Housing Information Centre
Canada Mortgage and Housing Corporation
700 Montreal Road
If you have read and agree to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement, please click on the "I Agree" option. If you do not agree to the terms and conditions set out in this Agreement, please click on the "I Do Not Agree" option.
I Do Not Agree