We are continuously monitoring developments around COVID-19. For more details about how Canada is responding to the outbreak, please refer to Canada’s COVID-19 Economic Response Plan: Support for Canadians and Businesses. The plan includes resources to help First Nations, Inuit and Métis communities prepare for, monitor and respond to the coronavirus. You can also sign up to get COVID-19 updates from the Government of Canada.
Our primary focus is the health and safety of our staff and ensuring the continuity of our operations. Here, you'll find the latest information and resources related to our response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Recent CMHC updates about COVID-19
Resources for Commercial Landlords and Tenants
Resources for Homeowners
Resources for Renters
Resources for Indigenous and Northern Housing Clients
Resources for Lenders and Issuers
National Housing Strategy initiatives impacted by COVID-19
- 2020 National Housing conference (Postponed)
- Federal Community Housing Initiative (Delayed)
- BC Expert Panel on Housing Supply & Affordability (Deadline for consultations extended)
CMHC led events, initiatives and reporting impacted by COVID-19
- ‘Just’ Renting: Rethinking Rental in the 21st Century (Postponed)
- News Releases and Reports Calendar (Schedule Revised)