Terms and Conditions of Use
The products and services offered on this site are only available and intended for Canadian residents. If you are not a Canadian resident and you choose to access this site, you do so on your own initiative and are responsible to comply with applicable local, national and international laws.
Information and Services
All information and services on this site are provided on an “as is” basis without warranty of any kind, either expressed or implied, including, without limitation, implied warranties or conditions of fitness for a particular purpose or use, or non-infringement.
All information and services are subject to change at any time without notice.
While CMHC makes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure that the information and services contained on this site are accurate, CMHC cannot guarantee the accuracy, completeness, timeliness, or reliability of this information and these services; CMHC is not responsible for inaccuracies, errors or omissions in the information or services. All information on this site is for information purposes only; itis not intended to provide any specific advice, and is not to be relied upon. Any actions or decisions should be based on independent research and professional advice.
Links to downloadable software sites are for convenience only. CMHC is not liable for any difficulties or consequences associated with downloading the software. Use of any software is governed by the terms of the license agreement, if any, that accompanies or is provided with the software.
CMHC may add, delete or change some or all of our services at any time without notice.
Use of Site
CMHC may end the use, or refuse to permit the use, of any services and this site by any person or entity, for any reason and without notice.
In using this site and its services and products, you agree to not:
- interfere with or disrupt this site or computer networks connected thereto;
- impersonate any other person or entity, or make any misrepresentation as to your employment, title or authority;
- forge headers or in any manner manipulate identifiers to disguise your origin;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information for which you do not have all necessary rights and licenses;
- upload, post, transmit, publish, or distribute any material or information that contains a computer virus, or other code, files or programs intending in any manner to disrupt or interfere with the functioning of this site;
- use this site in such a manner as to gain unauthorized entry or access to the computer systems or networks of others or attempt to gain unauthorized entry or access to any password protected or restricted areas of this site, or CMHC’s computer or network systems;
- reproduce, copy, modify, sell, distribute or otherwise exploit for any commercial purposes any material, information, product or service offered within this site unless you have the necessary rights and licenses;
- violate any law or regulation or any generally accepted Internet practice or interfere with any other user’s ability to use this site and any of the services or products provided on this site; or
- forge, alter or modify in any way any of the agreements, polices, information, reports or any other material posted or accessible within this site.
Trademarks and Copyright
Certain names, words, titles, phrases, logos, icons, graphics or designs in the pages of this site may constitute trade names, registered or unregistered trade-marks or service marks (“Trade-marks”) of CMHC and of other persons or entities. However, the display of Trade-marks on pages at this site does not imply that any license has been granted to any third party. All rights are reserved.
The contents of the site (including the materials accessible through the site) are protected by copyright, and are confidential and proprietary to CMHC. You are entitled to copy, download and print any content for your own personal use but you may not otherwise, copy, modify, rent, lease, loan, sell, redistribute, republish or reproduce, in whole or in part, any such content in any manner including electronic reproduction by “uploading” or “downloading,” or create any derivative works based on such content, without CMHC’s prior written consent.
Any unauthorized downloading, re-transmission, or other copying or modification of Trade-marks or other contents of this site may be a violation of statutory or common law and subject you to legal action.
Limitation of Liability
Neither CMHC, its agents, employees, directors, officers and affiliated companies, nor any person associated with the creation of this site or its contents are liable for any direct, indirect, special, incidental, punitive, third party, consequential damages or any other damages, losses or expenses however caused, sustained by you or any other person as a result of the use of this site and/or any web browser, including any liability for:
- interruptions and communication line failures including communication malfunctions that affect the accuracy or timeliness of messages or instructions between you and CMHC and/or that prevent messages or instructions from being transmitted in whole or in part or agreements from being formed between you and CMHC;
- your inability to access, at any time, any part of this site or any services provided on it;
- the malfunctioning or unavailability of this site, in whole or in part;
- any harm or loss to your personal computer records or data howsoever caused including caused by viruses, “worms,” “trojan horses” or other similar intrusive, disruptive or destructive programs or files of that nature;
- interception or disclosure of confidential or sensitive information transmitted over the Internet;
- inaccuracies, delays in operation or transmission, failures, errors or omissions or loss of transmitted information; and
- lack of suitability, reliability, timeliness or availability of this site or any material or services offered on this site.
While CMHC makes reasonable efforts to ensure that all information and services provided on this site do not contain computer viruses, you are solely responsible to adequately protect and backup your data and/or equipment and to take reasonable and appropriate precautions to scan for computer viruses or other destructive properties.
Official Languages Act
CMHC is bound by the Official Languages Act and relevant Treasury Board policies, and all CMHC information is available in both French and English. However, any information on this site that is provided by independent parties is available only in the language in which it was provided.