Mould in Housing
How to Clean Up Mould in Your Home
Mould should be removed as soon as possible.
Here are some ways that you can find and fix affected areas.
Five steps to removing mould from your home
- Find, stop and fix the source of the moisture problem
- Prevent exposure to mould and debris
- Remove all wet or damaged materials
- Clean up the mould
- Restore or renovate the cleaned up area
Small Mould Problem
- Has less than three patches.
- One square metre in size each.
- Can clean it yourself if you are in good health.
- Clean using water and unscented dishwashing detergent.
Medium Mould Problem
- Has more than three patches.
- Total area is smaller than three square metres.
- Should be cleaned up by qualified and trained maintenance staff.
Large Mould Problem
- Total area covers more than three square metres.
- Large patches throughout the home.
- Should be cleaned up by qualified and trained mould remediation contractors.