Population: 319,245 (2011)
Location – South-western Ontario
Canada’s southernmost city, directly across from Detroit, Michigan.
Hot summers, mild/moderate winters. Canada’s earliest spring.
Windsor is known as “the Quiet Giant.” It has been named the “#1 Best Small City in North America” by London’s Financial Times, and one of the “Most Intelligent Communities in the World.”
Windsor’s economy is being rebuilt through economic diversification including tourism/recreation, transportation, agri-business and manufacturing. Growth industries include health and life sciences and renewable energy technologies.
- A position at the heart of the world’s richest consumer market, within an 8 hour drive of more than half of North America’s population
- North America’s busiest international crossing
- The 4th most culturally diverse population in Canada
- The Windsor-Essex Parkway is now under construction to transform the route from Canada’s 401 Highway to the US border
- A world-class downtown Aquatic Centre, now under construction
- Surrounded by the Windsor Essex 100 mile peninsula of Great Lakes shoreline and lush farm land.