Waterloo Region website
Population: 507,095 (2011)
Location – Central Canada
In Southern Ontario, one hour drive west of Toronto.
Warm summers, cold (but not extreme) snowy winters.
Waterloo Region is a vital, prosperous place to live and work. The Region is a unique blend of three cities – Cambridge, Kitchener and Waterloo, and four rural townships –North Dumfries, Wellesley, Wilmot and Woolwich.
Waterloo Region is one of the fastest growing areas in Ontario. Its proximity to major North American markets and transportation networks, its diverse ethnic makeup, and its excellent education, health, cultural and recreational facilities make this a great home for families and businesses.
Waterloo Region features:
- Known as Canada’s Technology Triangle
- The fifth highest per capita immigrant population in Canada
- A strong local economy with one of the lowest unemployment rates in Ontario
- Two premier universities and Ontario’s top-ranked college for the past 8 years
- A wide range of affordable housing options
- A full range of services for immigrants