Population: 58,590 (2011)
Location – Western Canada
BC’s Okanagan Valley, between Vancouver and Calgary.
Hot dry summers, mild, snowy winters.
Vernon is the northern hub of BC’s Okanagan Valley, known for its spectacular natural setting, recreational opportunities and warm climate.
It is also a key centre for business and industry in the region. An economy rooted in agriculture has diversified to include agri-food operations, manufacturing, technology and a growing professional services sector.
- Ranked BC’s 3rd Best Place to Live by MoneySense Magazine in 2010.
- Ranked the Most Entrepreneurial City in BC by the Canadian Federation of Independent Business in 2009.
- Profiled as one of North America’s top six cities to retire in by Consumer Reports Magazine in 2005.
- Abundant parks, trails, resorts and locally grown food.
- Excellent transportation links and 25 minutes from the Kelowna International Airport.
- Regional hospital with full array of health services.
- A vibrant downtown with community events held throughout the year.