Population: 260,600 (2011)
Location – West-Central Canada
In the heart of the Canadian Prairies, 348 kilometres (216 miles) north of the US border.
Sunny year-round, four distinct seasons, warm summers, cold winters.
Saskatoon is recognized as one of the best places to live in Canada, successfully combining big city amenities with small town hospitality.
This cosmopolitan city – the fastest growing city in Canada - is proud of its multicultural heritage, and delights in numerous festivals, galleries, clubs and special events.
- Excellent research collaborations between the University of Saskatchewan and industry
- A new nuclear magnetic resonance spectrometer at the University of Saskatchewan’s Structural Sciences Centre
- University of Saskatchewan, with strengths in agriculture, information technology, environmental and life sciences
- The Canadian Light Source Synchrotron, Canada’s national synchrotron research facility – one of only six in the world
- Innovation Place – one of the most successful university-related research parks in North America
- International Vaccine Centre – the world’s most advanced facility of its kind dedicated to vaccine development
- One of the world’s top biotechnology centres, attracting over 30 per cent of all biotechnology research spending in Canada
- Over 400 acres of breathtaking riverbank trails and parks and national award-winning golf courses
- Ranked second in Canada for cost competitiveness, and third in business friendliness.
- Recognized nationally for best practices in affordable housing, with award-winning immigration initiatives.
- The best air and water quality in Canada, with more hours of sunshine annually than any other Canadian city.