Niagara Region Facts
Population: 431,345 (2011)
Location – South-Central Canada
Between Lake Erie and Lake Ontario near the US border.
Hot summers, mild spring and autumn, cold winters.
Niagara Region is a world-famous tourist destination for over 14 million people every year. It is also a wonderful place to live. The region is well known for its many parks, beaches, bike paths, waterways and sports facilities.
Niagara Region is an important border crossing. A business in Niagara has access to four Canada/US border crossings, the St. Lawrence Seaway, and major US and Canadian highways. Toronto Pearson International Airport is one hour away. Over 40 per cent of all border crossings to the US are through the Region.
Niagara is seeking 50,000 new workers to support its economic success.
Niagara Region features:
- A manufacturing sector
- Major casinos and strong tourism sector
- Average household incomes double those directly across the US border
- One of Canada’s top wine-producing and soft fruit producing regions
- Many beautiful parks and waterways
- A world-class live theatre company