Population: 138,645 (2011)
Location – Eastern Canada
In the centre of the Maritimes, between the Acadian and Fundy Coasts.
Warm summers, crisp autumns, cold snowy winters.
Moncton is the fastest growing urban centre in Atlantic Canada – and one of Canada’s best places to do business. It is also an affordable city, with a low cost of living and the most affordable housing market in Canada.
Moncton has been ranked as one of Canada’s best places to live. It features two world-class hospitals, three universities, and, within a 20 minute drive, the warmest beaches north of Virginia USA.
- Named as one of the Top 7 Intelligent Communities in the world for economic growth in the broadband economy (Intelligent Community Forum, 2009)
- The lowest cost location for business among urban centres in Atlantic Canada and New England (KPMG Competitive Alternatives 2010)
- Four of Atlantic Canada’s top business/industrial parks and a growing downtown core
- Excellent transportation and distribution links, including one of the fastest growing international airports in Canada
- Short commutes
- A low crime rate and the “most honest and polite” city in Canada (Readers’ Digest 2008)