Population: 104,075 (2011)
Location — Central Canada
In Southwestern Ontario, an hour’s drive from Michigan in the US.
Warm summers, moderate winters with some snow.
Chatham-Kent is a safe affordable group of 23 cities, towns and villages in the heart of south-western Ontario. Bordered by Lake Erie, Lake St. Clair and the Sydenham River, the area offers a rich quality of life.
Chatham-Kent is one of Canada’s best cities in which to do business, with a diverse population, low start-up costs for businesses, and close proximity to the US border and large urban markets.
- Safe communities with a rich cultural heritage, active living and one of the most moderate climates in Canada
- Three major US border crossings, and three international airports within a one-hour drive
- Financial incentives for business owners
- Affordable housing
- Excellent local schools and two post-secondary institutions
- A local hospital and health services for families and seniors
- A new YMCA, theatre, recreation centre and convention / exhibition centre
- Pastoral countryside, wildlife areas, sport fishing and water sports