Population: 53,225 (2011)
Location — Western Canada
South-west Manitoba, 1 hour north of US border, 2 hours west of Winnipeg.
Four distinct seasons. Warm summers, bright snowy winters.
Brandon is a welcoming community offering the employment and educational opportunities of Manitoba’s second largest city within minutes of quiet country living.
Brandon offers some of the most affordable housing in Canada, a diversified manufacturing base, low crime rate, clean water and excellent indoor recreational facilities. Opportunities for downhill skiing, golf, fishing, and hiking are all a short drive away.
- Voted Best Place to Live in Western Canada; second best in Canada for job prospects (MoneySense Magazine)
- Ranked one of Canada’s Best Places to Raise a Family (Today’s Parent)
- Low cost of living
- A University, regional Community College and Emergency Services College.
- 17 km of river corridor and 45 km of paved walking trails
- A regional health centre with a wide range of specialist services
- A maximum in-city commute of 15 minutes; cottage country 20 minutes away
- Ranked 6th sunniest city in Canada