Population: 170,190 (2011)
Location — Western Canada
In the Fraser Valley near the US border, one hour drive from Vancouver.
Temperate and sunny. Mild summers and rainy winters with little snow.
Abbotsford calls itself “The City in the Country.” It is a thriving, rapidly growing city surrounded by the lush and fertile Fraser Valley. Abbotsford is close to multicultural Vancouver, sandy ocean beaches, mountains, lakes, parks and farms.
- One of Canada’s mildest climates
- A diverse economy, including agriculture, aerospace, industry, manufacturing, business, government service and retail
- A growing immigrant population
- The new Abbotsford Regional Hospital and Cancer Centre
- Shopping centres
- A variety of trails, parkland and playing fields
- A new 7,000 seat entertainment and sports centre
- An international airport with direct flights and connections to destinations world wide, plus excellent highway access to Canada and the US